An initiative to raise awareness of prevention against HIV/AIDS in three communities on Haiti.
Project leader: Brusma DAPHNIS
Lead organisation: L’association Haïti Tchaka Danse « HTD »
Communities : Cité Soleil, Carrefour Feuilles, Vallées de Bourdon
Timeframe: February 2013 - August 2013
· This project aims at encouraging young people to act in order to reduce the risk of HIV/AIDS and other STIs in local communities, through performing arts.
· Training of 150 young people in the following areas: dance, theatre, singing and social and cultural activities. The participants will be recruited from the three different communities (50 from each).
· Creation of and strengthening of existing cultural communities for a sustained prevention against HIV/AIDS.
· Social gatherings regarding HIV/AIDS with the beneficiaries of the project.
· Community debates about the fight against HIV/AIDS.
· Realization of shows about the prevention against HIV/AIDS.
Downloads (available only in French):
Project Proposal [PDF]
Final report [PDF]