This project aimed to change school childrens' attitudes vis-à-vis the environment and instil a sense of responsibility for protecting the environment by involving them in beautifying the school landscape and increasing their awareness of the ecological value of their surroundings.
Project leader: Ari Ramilimanitra
Lead organisation: Mpanazava eto Madagasikara
Other organisations: SAMPATI; FJKM Ambohitrandriamanjaka; EPP; ONE, PNUD, WWF, CCEE, Tany Meva, projet BMC
Timeframe: February - October 2007
- Increase school childrens' awareness towards their enivronment and involve them in improving it,
- Change school childrens' attitudes vis-à-vis the environment
- Beautify the landscape,
- Plan a visit to the zoo and botanical gardesn of Tsimbazaza.
- Plan and organise games and drawing competitions based on the environment;
- Initiate a film session to sensitize the participants on the environmental issues they face. Distribute educational documents and discuss and debate the issues;
- Run a 'Beautiful gardens' competition on the school grounds and a clean-up of the class-rooms and school;
- Organise an educational visit to the zoo and Tsimbazaza botanical gardens;